Faith Christian Academy began in January of 1967 under the leadership of Rev. Frank Davenport and the members of Faith Free Will Baptist Church. They saw the need for a Christian school to assist parents in the training and educating of their children in a godly environment. The church and school have experienced much growth since its humble beginning. Through various building projects and renovations, we are blessed to utilize seven large buildings on a 25-acre campus.
The school is designed to assist the Christian home in the responsibility of training the child in a Christ-centered philosophy of life. Faith Christian Academy desires to graduate young men and women who are academically sound, patriotic, community minded, socially refined, and so Biblically knowledgeable that they will live their lives based on Biblical principles, and in doing so, discover and do God’s will for their lives.
Faith Christian Academy is not for everyone. It is only for those who can meet the academic standards and abide by all of the requirements that are set forth by the school. Church attendance as a family is a vital part of a child’s education. Without faithful cooperation from the parent concerning this matter, a student will most likely encounter serious difficulty in the educational process of Faith Christian Academy.
Philosophy of Education
We hold that Christian Education is a mandate from God for the Christian family (Matt 28:18-20). Because of Scripture verses like Proverbs 19:27; 22:6; Deut. 6:6-9; and Col. 2:8, we feel we must provide an atmosphere more conducive to the precepts of the Bible and be in harmony with parental admonition.
We support parents that teach their children morals, such as truthfulness, purity, honesty, patriotism, faithfulness, and a high regard for standards. Every subject is taught in light of Biblical truth. We accept God’s Word as the final authority. Our academy is a ministry and a part of Faith Free Will Baptist Church. We exist because of our church, and we operate in harmony with our other church ministries.
Faith Christian Academy operates with a traditional philosophy of education. By traditional education we hold:
- That the teacher is in charge of the classroom.
- That the teacher is responsible for providing a structured atmosphere of order in which the students will learn.
- That the teacher has the authority to administer discipline to each child.
- That homework is assigned regularly and expected to be completed on time.
- That God’s Word is Truth. Our textbooks are God-centered, teaching spiritual truths, morality, and patriotism.
- That drill work and memorization are key tools in instruction.
- That reading is taught by phonics.
- That the teacher is professional in manner but servant-minded.
That true learning takes place in this order:
- Positive Reinforcement
- That rules and standards are not obsolete and out-dated.
We are in opposition to progressive education in which the emphasis is upon the following:
- Questioning the answers
- The innate goodness of man
- The suppressiveness of discipline
- The relativity of all things (including morals)
- Omitting God and His Word from the educational process
The pastor is the chief administrator of Faith Christian Academy. He is considered to be the shepherd of this ministry and the one ultimately responsible for the direction and guidance of the ministry of Faith Church and School.
The School Board is comprised of Faith Church’s Deacon Board. Our Deacons are nominated by the church body and serve with the Pastor as advisors of the school.
The School Administrator is put in place by the Pastor and School Board and is commissioned to operate the school. The Administrator oversees the day to day affairs and operation of the school Ministry.