The Opportunity Scholarship Program expands school choice in North Carolina through scholarship grants for eligible children in kindergarten through 12th grade. This program provides funding of up to $6,492 per year for eligible children who choose to attend a participating nonpublic school.
An eligible student must live in a household whose income meets the Income Eligibility Guidelines established by the Opportunity Scholarship Program.
Do I qualify?
All of the following are required. Visit Interested to learn more about eligibility requirements:
- My family meets the income requirements
- My child will be at least 5 years old by August 31 or at least 4 by April 16 and approved for kindergarten according to State guidelines
- My child lives in North Carolina
- My child has not graduated high school
- My child has not enrolled in a post-secondary institution full time
- My child attended a North Carolina public, charter or Department of Defense school as a full-time student. See here for a full explanation of and exceptions to this requirement
Follow the provided link to review more information about the program. Click to learn more about the Opportunity Scholarship