It is the goal of Faith Christian Academy that the athletic program be an integral part of the lives of as many students as possible. While it is impossible to serve the needs of every person, every student is encouraged to explore the capabilities God has given him through the sports program here at Faith Christian Academy. The sports guidelines of FCA will be followed by all students. All parents are expected to support the standards and goals of FCA for the overall student body and Christian school ministry.
Winning is important to the continuance of a solid athletic program. It is undeniable that winning teams tend to bring larger crowds, higher enrollments, and greater school spirit. Winning, however, must be tempered by the basic beliefs of our Christian faith. First and foremost, it is the responsibility of all Christians to honor the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Colossians 3:23). We can win regional, state, or national titles, but with the loss of our Christian testimony, all becomes vain or worthless. The prevailing attitude among all those connected with the sports program at FCA should be “I want Christ to be seen in my life.” Such an attitude will mold and shape Christian character from the inside to the outside. The following guidelines are designed to make the sports program profitable for each participant:
- Obedience – Each player is expected to comply with what the coaches and others whom God has placed in authority over him ask him to do. If a player has a question, he should not be afraid to ask for clarification.
- Diligence – Players should use all their strength and ability to complete each part of their task, whether it is cleaning up, doing drills, conditioning, competing in a game, or any other activity.
- Responsibility – Each player should do everything that is expected, whether being directly instructed or not.
- Determination – A player should make up his mind to accomplish all of God’s goals in His time, regardless of the opposition.
- Confidence – Remember, as you give totally all you have to Jesus, you become a winner in God’s sight.
- Intensity – Each player should give a “total release” performance at all times, focusing his attention on the job at hand, putting forth every effort to complete it perfectly.
- Perseverance – A player should always do his best and try to win, as this is the object of competition. Also, a player should continue faithfully throughout the entire season. If one has done his best, there is nothing to regret.